“At a time where originality has reached a road block, Gareth Dunlop has managed to find an escape route with a musical approach that is fresh, emotionally charged, and addressing issues that become personal to the listener.” – Linley Hamilton, BBC Radio Ulster
“The depth and maturity of his writing shine through…and melt the heart of the harshest critic.” – Robert McNamara, Red Press
“Gareth is one of our finest young talents and his repertoire has style, soul and substance.” – Lisa Flavelle, U105
● Born and raised in Belfast, Northern Ireland, 25-year old Gareth Dunlop was hailed “One to Watch” by BBC Radio Ulster.
● Named 2011 Young Songwriter of the Year at the Annual Belfast Nashville Songwriters Festival
● Dunlop’s songs have been featured in numerous hit television series including “Cougar Town,” “One Tree Hill,” “Private Practice,” “Army Wives,“Life Unexpected,” and more.
● Dunlop has opened for Jeff Beck, Jools Holland, Nanci Griffith, Angus & Julia Stone, Paul Carrack, The Steeldrivers, Imelda May and more.
● Snow Patrol performed Dunlop’s song, “Firefly,” with a full orchestra and invited him to join the band on stage as the lead vocalist for their special homecoming performance in Belfast.
● Since the age of 16, Dunlop has made his living performing live music. He recently finished an acoustic tour in the U.S. that included stops in such major markets as Los Angeles, New York and Nashville.
● Dunlop is also an audio engineer and producer, who operates a recording studio that he built with his band mates near his home in Holywood, Northern Ireland.